Summer is just around the corner, and the hunt for the perfect outdoor dining experience is on. Whether you operate an inviting sidewalk patio or a scenic rooftop lounge, tailoring your establishment to seasonal customers is essential. Dive into summer and turn your open-air space into the coolest dining spot!
When it comes to dining alfresco, break-resistant dishes and shatterproof drinkware are a must.
With these fresh ideas, you won’t have to sacrifice style for durability.
- Choose dinnerware in vibrant colors or sleek blacks and whites—whichever best complements the outdoor theme or event.
- Mix and match melamine dishes within the same color scheme for an intentional and casual look.
- Pair white melamine serveware with a flair of color for simple and affordable updates.
- Create an organic feel with eco-friendly dinnerware and flatware crafted of bamboo or bamboo-melamine mixed resin.
- Add a little sophistication by using plastic glassware and beverage servers with hammered or textured patterns.
- Select BPA-free disposable stemware and barware with smooth lines and modern silhouettes.
- Achieve a retro look with stackable anodized tumblers, which keep beverages cold and double as easy storage.
Table Linens & Decor
Outdoor dining is stylish and easy with the right touches. Add comfort and character to your seating area with complimentary accessories.
- Accentuate your space with fade and mildew resistant seat cushions and table-length runners.
- Enhance a garden atmosphere with galvanized tubs, caddies, and tiered stands.
- Recreate an indoor feel with canvas cotton table cloths and rattan placemats.
- Choose easy care alternatives such as vinyl table covers and laminate placemats for child-friendly settings.
- Create interest by mixing stripes, solids and patterns within the same color scheme.
- Bring subtle splashes of color with votive candleholders in summer hues.
Create a relaxed outdoor setting with the right furnishings. Opt for long-lasting pieces that can withstand any weather, rain or shine.
- Maximize smaller spaces with stackable chairs, which make increasing and decreasing available seating a snap.
- Play off the natural elements of the outdoors with sustainable pieces cut from earthy eucalyptus and mixed tropical hardwoods.
- Elevate a romantic ambiance with all-weather wicker chairs and tables, which are made to last with mold and mildew resistant finishes.
- Choose folding chairs and collapsible tables when creating outdoor settings on the go, such as for catered weddings or pop-up food truck cafes.
- Transform open areas into shady havens with free-standing and table umbrellas.
- Choose umbrellas with vibrant canopies – these smart options will add seasonal color and flair.
- Provide outdoor heaters for when warm days turn into cool nights.
Check out these San Diego restaurants: each features a unique way to enjoy a meal outside.
- JRDN Restaurant – Pacific Beach
- The Prado at Balboa Park – San Diego
- Café Sevilla – Gaslamp District
- Yard House – San Diego
- Bertrand at Mr. A’s – San Diego
More from R.W. Smith & Co.